Volunteer Application Process & Forms
VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PROCESS & FORMS
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Cheyenne Animal Shelter. We truly appreciate your interest in helping us help the animals we serve!
VOLUNTEERS MUST BE:
- Adult (Age 18 and older)
- Student (Age 16 to 17)
- Jr. Volunteer (Age 10 to 15) – An adult must go through the application process with the youth, accompany the youth to the orientation and when volunteering at the animal shelter.
- Willing to commit to a routine schedule at the shelter.
- Willing to volunteer doing one or more of the Volunteer Activities available at the shelter.
STEPS TO BECOMING A VOLUNTEER:
- Fill Out a Volunteer Application: All prospective volunteers must fill out a Volunteer Application. You may call the shelter to request one at 307-213-3058 or download the Volunteer. Fill out the information and either bring it with you to the shelter, or fax it to 307-634-7361. Or if you prefer, mail the completed Volunteer Application to the Cheyenne Animal Shelter – 800 Southwest Drive Cheyenne, WY 82007, Attention: Volunteer Manager.
- Attend an Orientation Session and Tour: Once we receive your Volunteer Application Packet, the Volunteer Manager will contact you to schedule an Orientation Session. Orientation allows you to become more familiar with the Cheyenne Animal Shelter and gives you the opportunity to decide in what areas you would like to volunteer. The Volunteer Manager will then schedule an interview with you. Once your interview is complete, you will attend a training session on your area of interest.
- IT’S OFFICIAL: After training is complete, you will become an “official volunteer” with the Cheyenne Animal Shelter and will remain so as long as you continue to volunteer on a routine basis.