- Assist potential adopters in deciding what animal would be the right animal for them.
- Educate potential adopters as to the needs of their new pet.
- Provide support and necessary referrals to potential adopters.
- Assist the public in meeting our animals. Escort animal to visitation area for Patron animal socialization. Retrieve animal from visitation area and insure that animal is returned to correct kennel.
Animal Care Specialist
- Involves working in the kennel area.
- Assist the public by answering questions.
- Walk dogs, socialize cats.
- Spot clean kennels as needed.
- Fill water bowls as needed.
- Provide exercise for the dogs by taking them for a walk.
- Teach dogs basic manners and commands. This will increase the dog’s chances of finding a lifelong home.
- Provide temporary homes for cats, kittens, dogs and puppies in need of special care.
- Provide care to animals needing more than the shelter may be able to provide. These animals may be injured, have treatable illnesses, be un-weaned or be even mothers with litters of puppies or kittens. These animals need temporary housing until they are well enough, old enough or ready to be adopted.
Retail Sales Associate – Pet Post Pet Store
- Answer questions regarding merchandise.
- Assist patrons with finding proper merchandise.
- Inform patrons of all promotions (animals and merchandise).
- Monitor the store (preventing theft).
- Welcome the public into the shelter and answer general information questions.
- Welcome patrons as they enter the adoption lobby.
- Direct patrons to the kennels and/or appropriate staff.
- Monitor the animals leaving the shelter (preventing theft).
- Bathe and brush animals available for adoption as needed. This really enhances the animal’s chance at being adopted.
- If you are a professional groomer, volunteer your time at the shelter.
- Take photos of our adoptable animals with a digital camera for use in marketing their availability.
- Work with our database to assign photos to the correct animals.
- Make videos of adoptable animals for use in marketing their availability.
Shelter Administrative Specialist
- Assists the staff with filing, word processing, mailings and contacting customers.
- Aid in other areas of operation as needed.
- Help reduce Kennel Stress by spending 5 minutes of quality time with dogs in their kennels in the morning or in the afternoon.