- Assist potential adopters in deciding what animal would be the right pet for them.
- Educate potential adopters as to the needs of their new pet.
- Provide support and necessary referrals to potential adopters.
- Assist the public in meeting our animals. Escort animal to visitation area for patron animal socialization. Retrieve animal from visitation area and insure that animal is returned to correct kennel.
Animal Care Specialist
- Involves working in the kennel area.
- Assist the public by answering questions.
- Walk dogs, socialize cats.
- Spot-clean kennels as needed.
- Fill water bowls as needed.
- Assist development staff in processing and sending out mailings, writing thank you notes and making thank you calls to donors
- Help update the donor software.
- Help with fundraising events doing set-up, decorations, securing auction items, registration, cashiering, check-out and/or tear-down.
- Provide exercise for the dogs by taking them for a walk.
- Teach dogs basic manners and commands to increase the chances of finding a lifelong home
- Provide temporary homes for cats, kittens, dogs and puppies in need of special care.
- Provide care to animals needing more than the shelter may be able to provide. These animals may be injured, have treatable illnesses, be unweaned or be mothers with litters of puppies or kittens. These animals need temporary housing until they are well enough, old enough or ready to be adopted.
Retail Sales Associate – Pet Post Pet Store
- Assist patrons with finding proper merchandise.
- Inform patrons of all promotions (animals and merchandise).
- Monitor the store (preventing theft).
- Welcome patrons to the Cheyenne Animal Shelter
- Direct patrons to the kennels and/or appropriate staff.
- Monitor the animals leaving the shelter (preventing theft).
- Bathe and brush animals available for adoption as needed. This enhances the animal’s chance of being adopted.
- If you are a professional groomer, volunteer your time at the shelter.
- Take photos of our adoptable animals with a digital camera for use in marketing their availability. (Must have your own camera)
- Make videos of adoptable animals for use in marketing their availability.
- Work with our database to assign photos to the correct animals.
Shelter Administrative Specialist
- Assists the staff with filing, word processing, mailings and contacting customers.
- Aid in other areas of operation as needed.
- Help reduce Kennel Stress by spending 5 minutes of quality time with dogs in their kennels in the morning or in the afternoon.